Watch the Video of Our Latest Videology Knowledge Lab Event: Connected TV
Last week, we were thrilled to host another event as part of our Videology Knowledge Lab series, this time on the topic of Connected TV (CTV).
At our New York office, we welcomed to the stage Jason DeMarco, VP, Programmatic & Audience Solutions at A&E; Chris Flatley, Media Sales at Sling TV; Francois Lee, EVP, Investment Director at Assembly; and Andre Swanston, CEO at Tru Optik.
Prior to the panel discussion, our own Aleck Schleider, SVP of Client & Data Strategy, presented a short overview on CTV, including consumption trends, how it works, and how the market is approaching measurement for this growing medium.
The title of the event was “Connected TV: Best of Both Worlds or Caught in the Middle?” and the discussion was lively, as our panel of experts discussed both the benefits and shortcomings of CTV. All agreed that while the medium presented a wealth of opportunities, challenges still exist as the market aligns on targeting, data, and measurement.
Other topics addressed include:
- How each panelist is using CTV advertising today, and what they find is working
- Where the dollars are coming from, and where friction exists that may be holding brands back from diving into CTV
- How the industry’s self-created siloes may be making CTV adaption harder than necessary
- Whether CTV is a “snackable” platform – and whether it could be conducive to short-form clips in addition to long-form content
- If CTV will move the way of cable TV, and become ad-supported and paid in the future
The panelists wrapped up by answering questions from the audience, including a rundown of which CTV hurdles they’d eliminate if given a "silver bullet."
Watch all the videos below!