New York, October 27, 2014 – Videology (videologygroup.com), one of the world’s largest video advertising technology platforms, found advertisers are increasingly running video campaigns across multiple devices, including computers, mobile and connected TV.
The recently released Third Quarter U.S. Video Market At-A-Glance showed that 35% of all U.S. online video ad campaigns on Videology’s platform ran on more than one screen (e.g., PC and mobile), representing a 59% increase quarter-over-quarter. More specifically, campaigns running together on PC and mobile devices increased from 17% in Q2 to 25% in Q3, and campaigns running together on PC, mobile and connected TV jumped from 5% to 10% quarter-over-quarter.
The finding that cross-screen advertising is increasing comes on the heels of Videology’s recent announcement of a dedicated TV practice to help expand its cross-screen advertising solutions for its clients, including agencies, advertisers and media companies.
“In this fragmented media world, it’s clear that marketers see the value in using data to reach their consumers across the many screens they’re interacting with each day,” said Scott Ferber, Videology Chairman and CEO. “The growth in cross-screen campaigns validates this trend, and is further proof that advertisers are seeing enhanced performance in reaching consumers across multiple devices.”
Other key findings from the Third Quarter U.S. Video Market-At-A-Glance include:
- 91% of video campaigns were bought in a guaranteed, TV-like fashion (as opposed to RTB)
- 32% quarter-over-quarter increase in the share of advanced ads (domain-targeted, behavioral-targeted, etc.)
- 25% of all impressions running on the platform in Q3 were CPG ads, more than any other category; however, this represents a 11 percentage point YOY decrease for CPG due to the diversifying roster of categories using video
- 39% of impressions on the platform landed on News websites – more than double the share YOY (15% in Q3 2013)
- 39% of marketers using third party audience verification requested guaranteed delivery
- 64% of all ads in Q3 were 15 second spots; although there was a 19% increase in the share of 30 second ads quarter-over-quarter
Videology (videologygroup.com) is one of the world’s largest video advertising technology platforms. By simplifying big data, we empower marketers and media companies to make smarter advertising decisions to fully harness the value of their audience across screens. Our math and science-based technology enables our customers to manage, measure and optimize digital video and TV advertising to achieve the best results in the converging media landscape.
Videology, Inc., is a privately-held, venture-backed company, whose investors include Catalyst Investors, Comcast Ventures, NEA, Pinnacle Ventures, and Valhalla Partners. Videology is headquartered in New York, with key offices in Baltimore, Austin, Toronto, London, Paris, Madrid, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney and sales teams across North America.
For more information, contact Michele Skettino at Michele@videologygroup.com or 212-231-7853.