New York – May 4, 2016 – Leading into the busy Summer travel season, today Videology – a leading software provider for converged TV and video advertising – released a whitepaper highlighting the results of four travel-focused advertising case studies. The four featured brands, which include a leading airline, hotel chain, car rental business and online travel agent, each worked with Videology to effectively reach their strategic targets across TV and digital video.
“Spending on digital video ads in the travel vertical has grown by more than a billion dollars industry-wide in the last year, largely due to new capabilities in the technology used to deliver those campaigns,” said Aleck Schleider, Vice President of Data and Analytics, Videology. “Travel marketers need ways to increase the reach and frequency of their TV campaigns. The holistic approach of combining TV with digital video allows them to do this in an efficient and measurable way that drives conversions.”
Specific campaign objectives for the four case studies include:
- Increasing site visits by retargeting consumers already exposed to a TV campaign
- Driving webpage searches with a cross-screen TV and digital video plan
- Increasing incremental reach among an elusive younger demo by adding a complementary digital video component to a TV buy
- Achieving greater sales results through smarter cross-screen targeting methods that leverage conquesting and incremental reach strategies
Case study results:
- The airline brand’s TV-to-digital retargeting campaign plan drove a 90% lift in the number of consumers visiting the brand’s website, and a 39% lift in the number of pages consumers viewed when on the site. In addition to increasing site traffic, the campaign drove nearly 40% lift in consumers engaging in search activities related to the brand.
- Viewers exposed to the hotel brand’s campaign on both TVand digital video were almost 8x more likely to check for hotel availability on the site compared to the control
- By using a mix of targeting approaches, including past purchase behavior and previous ad exposure, Videology helped the car rental brand achieve a sales lift of $26 per 100 people exposed to the campaign as compared to the unexposed control group.
- The online travel agent’s campaign plan targeted digital users who had not been exposed to the brand’s TV campaign and drove 8% of the overall incremental reach in the second half of the TV/video campaign, while accounting for only 2.5% of the total impressions.
Full details of each campaign can be found in the full report, ‘The Roadmap to Holistic Video Advertising’, on Videology’s website.
Videology (videologygroup.com) is a leading software provider for converged TV and video advertising. By simplifying big data, we empower marketers and media companies to make smarter advertising decisions to fully harness the value of their audience across screens. Our math and science-based technology enables our customers to manage, measure and optimize digital video and TV advertising to achieve the best results in the converging media landscape.
Videology, Inc., is a privately-held, venture-backed company, whose investors include Catalyst Investors, Comcast Ventures, NEA, Pinnacle Ventures, and Valhalla Partners. Videology is headquartered in New York, NY, with key offices in Baltimore, Austin, Toronto, London, Paris, Madrid, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyoand sales teams across North America.
For more information, contact Landin King at email@example.com or 931-252-5472.