Videology, Inc., (“Videology”) is digital media advertising technology solutions provider, providing its clients with solutions to connect advertiser brands with consumers who are most interested in those brands. By leveraging the power of consumer data and ad decisioning, we increase accountability, and optimize the performance of video and display advertising campaigns by providing a more relevant, meaningful web experience for consumers who view the ads delivered through our advertising technology solutions.
Through use of the Videology® services in the U.S. and in the United Kingdom (offered by Videology Ltd., Videology’s UK subsidiary), advertisers and publishers can take advantage of technology solutions to deliver, manage, target and measure the effectiveness of their digital media advertising campaigns and inventory.
Videology is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). Our practices conform with the NAI’s Self-Regulatory Codes.
Videology conforms to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Videology Ltd. (Videology’s UK subsidiary) is committed to the IAB Europe Framework for Online Behavioural Advertising.
To access the Videology Privacy Dashboard and review your ad preferences or opt-out of Videology’s targeted advertising please click here.
This policy covers how Videology, acting as data controller, treats information that Videology collects and receives through our services, which include Videology’s digital media advertising and ad targeting solutions and any other technology, products and/or services offered by Videology (collectively referred to as the “Services”), including your past use of, or interaction with, the Services. For more information about our Services, please click here.
This policy does not apply to information about you collected by third party advertisers and publishers who use Videology’s Services, or other third parties linked to or otherwise accessible via the Services. The information collected or received by any such providers and third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
Collection and Use of Information
Videology offers its Services to other commercial businesses, not consumers. Videology does not require consumers to provide personal information when viewing or interacting with ads received through our customers’ use of the Services. Personal information is information relating to you, such as name, street address and email address collected by Videology or otherwise received by Videology. However, on some pages of Videology’s corporate web site, you may choose to provide personal information to Videology for a specific purpose, such as when submitting a request for information, submitting a specific question to Videology about our Services or related to your privacy, or requesting that Videology contact you. Additionally, if you enter into a business relationship with Videology, we may require that you provide us with personal information for administrative purposes, such as maintaining account information, preparing invoices and issuing payment. If you do provide us with personal information, your information shall only be used for the purpose for which it is submitted.
Videology receives IP addresses from most users who view ads we deliver because, in most cases, this information is automatically sent to us by the software on the Internet-connected device (e.g., Microsoft Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, apps on mobile and other connected devices such as smart TVs and gaming consoles) of those users each time we receive an ad request from a media supplier (e.g., web sites and app providers on mobile devices, smart/connected TVs and gaming consoles) to deliver an ad to the media on the device which the users are viewing content. We use IP address in the following ways:
- To assist us with both delivering the ad and selecting the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area, publicly available census-based data and other aggregated information about groups of people who live in particular geographic areas, and other information derived from the IP address of the web browser from whom we received an ad request, such as ISP provider.
- To identify “households” for purposes of delivering targeted advertising based on behavioral/interest-based categories associated with such households. IP addresses are assigned by your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast/Xfinity, AT&T, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, etc.) to the modem used to access the Internet for connected devices in your home and/or business. Any devices using the modem to access the Internet may broadcast the same IP address which (as noted above) is automatically sent to us by your connected device when we receive an ad request from a media supplier. At home, connected devices could include one or more laptop/desktop computers, tablets, mobile phones, smart/connected TVs and gaming consoles. At work, connected devices could include one (or all) floor(s) in an office building. If you opt-out of Videology’s interest-based advertising on a device by completing our opt-out process (See “Access To and Choices About Your Information – Opting Out and Reviewing Your Ad Preferences“ below), provided you do not remove or delete our opt-out cookie, we will no longer use your IP address to identify your household on the browser of the device that requested the opt-out for purposes of delivering targeting advertising based on behavioral/interest-based categories.
- Aggregate information derived from IP addresses, such as the number of ad impressions delivered to a geographic region, may also be reported to our advertising clients. Finally, we may use IP address to help identify and combat potentially fraudulent activity.
Other Information related to You
In the case of mobile devices (e.g., mobile phones, tablets, etc.), some mobile inventory suppliers and third party service providers that we work with may provide us with the mobile advertising ID assigned to your device (i.e., a Google AdID for Android devices or an Apple IDFA for Apple devices) and, in some cases, additional demographic and behavioral data so that our advertising clients can use our platform technology to deliver more relevant advertising to you when you are using apps on your mobile device. Our third party service providers can also, in some instances, associate mobile advertising IDs with our cookies so that our advertising clients can use behavioral and demographic profile data associated with our cookies to deliver more relevant ads to you when you are using mobile apps on your mobile device. If you opt-out of Videology’s interest-based advertising by implementing our opt-out cookie on your browser (See “Access To and Choices About Your Information – Opting Out and Reviewing Your Ad Preferences“ below), we will no longer associate your mobile advertising ID with our cookies. Depending on the type of mobile device you use and the options provided by the mobile operating system (“mobile OS”) on your mobile device (in many cases, Google Android or Apple iOS), you may have the option within the settings on your mobile device to choose or limit how your mobile OS uses and/or shares the mobile advertising ID associated with the mobile OS on your mobile device. We ask that mobile inventory suppliers and third party service providers we work with to only provide us with mobile advertising IDs that they have obtained the necessary rights to share with us for the purpose of delivering more relevant advertising. For more information on how to select advertising options available within the Apple iOS and Google Android, please visit our opt-out page by clicking here.
With the assistance of service providers we work with, we attempt to link user IDs (unique user IDs stored in a Videology cookie on a web browser and mobile advertising IDs stored on mobile devices) to try to identify the same user across multiple browsers and devices (such as mobile phones and tablets), a process referred to as “cross-device linking,” so that our advertising clients can attempt to reach the same consumer(s) across various devices and contexts with consistent, relevant marketing messages. As an example, if, using cross-device linking, we’ve been able to identify a user interested in “sports” who has a Videology unique cookie ID on their browser, as the same user using an app on a mobile device (based on the mobile advertising ID on their mobile phone), we may deliver related ads about sporting goods or apparel to that user on each of his/her devices, or decide not to repeat showing the user the same sports related ad on each device.
We may also use pixel tags more generally in ads we deliver to collect information that can be used in measuring the effectiveness of our clients’ video ad campaigns (e.g., that certain ads have been viewed and/or clicked on by users with certain demographic characteristics – such as age range and gender, in certain geographic areas, on certain types of media, etc.) which is then aggregated and used to create reports for those clients on the effectiveness of their ad campaign in reaching their desired audience, along with aggregated insights about the types of consumers who responded to the particular video ad campaign.
Finally, if you visit our corporate website, we will record and store your interest in Videology as part of your interest profile which, provided you have not opted-out, may be used by us to target advertising to you about our products and services in the future.
Use and Disclosure
Videology uses information it receives and collects to customize, target, and measure the effectiveness of the ads we deliver to you via the Service (including targeted advertising based on demographic characteristics, viewing preferences and behaviors), to prevent showing you the same ads repeatedly, for reporting on campaign delivery to both advertisers and digital media inventory partners, for general reporting purposes (such as the total number of ads delivered by Videology in a given month), and to predict the characteristics and preferences of the audience on sites that use our video advertising Services in order to assist (a) advertisers in targeting their campaigns to the most relevant audience, and (b) digital media inventory providers (such as web site owners) to better understanding the make-up (types of users) who visit their site(s) so they can more effectively assist advertisers in finding the desired audience for their ad campaign(s).
Videology uses personal information you provide to us to communicate with and respond to your inquiries, to conduct research about use of the Services; to fulfill your requests for products and services; to help offer you other products, services or offerings that may be of interest to you; and to provide internal and external reporting. Videology does not offer email marketing as part of the Services we provide to our customers, nor do we maintain email marketing lists for purposes of delivering targeted advertising to consumers via email. If, however, you choose to provide us with personal information including your email address (generally because you’ve chosen to contact through our corporate web site or are a customer of Videology), we will not use your email address to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in and, then to opt-out in the event you change your mind. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of important changes to the Services or for customer service purposes).
Videology will not rent, sell or share information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide the Services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We will provide your information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Videology under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Videology fulfill a transaction you requested or communicate with you about offers from Videology and our marketing partners. However, unless you have granted permission, these companies do not have any independent right to share or use this information for other purposes.
- We work with third party vendors, partners, advertisers, publishers, demographic and behavioral data providers and other service and content providers. In order to optimize our Services and to better target advertisements, we may share information related to you with them, including statistical and demographic data about our users and their interaction with the Services. We will not authorize these third party providers to share or use your information other than as necessary to provide the Services and to enhance user experience through targeting of ads.
- If Videology, or part(s) of Videology, is acquired or merged with another company we will transfer information about you to the acquiring company.
- Finally, Videology may share information on individuals it deems necessary to comply with a subpoena or court order, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials.
Third Party Service Providers & Social Media Plugins
Access To and Choices About Your Information – Opting Out and Reviewing Your Ad Preferences
Opt-Out & Reviewing Your Ad Preferences
Videology believes users should have information necessary to make informed decisions and the right to choose how their information is used. We provide you with the ability to opt-out of our use of data we receive in order to deliver more relevant advertising, tailored to your interests. To opt-out of Videology’s interest-based advertising, please click here to implement our opt-out cookie on your browser.
We also provide you with the ability to review the interest-based information we maintain for purposes of providing you with more tailored, relevant advertising. You can visit the Videology Privacy Dashboard to view the data elements we use to target ads to you, if any, and make the decision on whether to opt-out of Videology’s interest based advertising.
To better understand the type of personal information Videology may collect, please see “Collection and Use of Information – Personal Information” above. Videology provides you with access to personal information you may have voluntarily provided to us. If you provided us with personal information and would like to edit that information or have your personal information removed from our database completely; please contact us at privacy@VideologyGroup.com with your request. Once we receive your request, we will take prompt action to complete your request. Please note that in order for us to act on your request, we may need you to provide previously provided personal information in order to identify you for purposes of completing your request.
Other Information related to You
The Services are not developed or intended for children. If you believe your child has provided Videology with personally identifiable data and you would like to have the data removed, please contact us.
A Special Note about the European Union
Videology, Inc.’s wholly-owned UK subsidiary, Videology Ltd., may transfer your personal information to Videology’s servers in the United States of America or to third parties acting on our behalf, for the purposes of processing or storage, and by providing any personal information to us you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information in the United States of America.
How to Contact Us
1500 Whetstone Way, Suite 500
Last Updated: June 22nd, 2017