Effective: May 24th, 2018
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Social Media Plugins
- Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
- Who Do We Share Information With?
- Your Choices and Obligations
- Data Retention
- Children’s Privacy
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- How to Contact Us
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our Sites and interact with the features offered on the Sites, we may collect the following information about you:
- Information you provide voluntarily. On some pages of the Sites, you may choose to provide personal data about you to Videology for a specific purpose, such as when submitting a request for information, submitting a specific question to Videology about our services or related to your privacy, requesting that Videology contact you or signing up to receive emails from Videology about our products and services. Additionally, if you enter into a business relationship with Videology, we may require that you provide us with personal data for administrative purposes, such as maintaining account information, preparing invoices and issuing payment. If you register for a platform client account, the information we collect may include contact information (such as name, address telephone number and/or email address). It may also include professional information, such as job title, department or role, and the nature of an individual’s access to the account.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Responding to your inquiries and fulfilling requests
Videology uses personal data you provide to us to communicate with and respond to your inquiries, to conduct research about use of our platform and services; to fulfill your requests for products and services; to help offer you other products, services or offerings that may be of interest to you; and to provide internal and external reporting.
- To send marketing and promotional communications
If you choose to provide us with personal data including your email address (generally because you’ve chosen to contact us through our corporate web site or are a customer, or an employee of a customer, of Videology), we may use your email address to send commercial or marketing messages about our products and services, which you may, at any time elect to opt-out of by following the opt-out instructions included with the email you receive.
- To send administrative information
We may use your personal data for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of important changes to the Services, terms and conditions, policies, or for customer service purposes).
- To engage in and process transactions
We may use your personal data to process your transaction(s) for billing purposes.
- To manage accounts and provide customer support or other services
We may use information to create or administer Videology platform accounts and to provide customer support or other requested services or information about our services.
- To select content and improve quality
We may use information to help improve the Sites and our services and to ensure that content on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for your media device.
- For legal purposes
We may use information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with subpoenas, warrants, or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- For our business purposes
We may use information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing, and client relationships.
Social Media Plugins
Lawful Bases for Processing Your Information (EU/EEA User and Visitors Only)
For users located within the EU or European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful basis to do so. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent to such processing), processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation and processing based on “legitimate interests”.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided that such processing shall not override your rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal data to:
1. Improve the quality and content of the Sites, including the performance of the Sites on various media devices
2. Perform analytics on the performance of our Sites, usage trends and the services provided on the Sites
3. To evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing, and client relationships
Who Do We Share Information With?
We will provide your information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Videology under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your information to help Videology fulfill a transaction you requested or communicate with you about offers from Videology. We may share your information under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates. We will share your information with our affiliates to fulfil legal/contractual obligations to you.
- Vendors, consultants, and other service providers: We may share your information with our third-party service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who perform functions required for the operation of the business. Examples include: to provide data storage and processing services, payment processing, technical support for our platform and Sites, and fraud prevention.
- Business Transfers. We may share your information with a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Social Media Plugins. As noted above, social media plugins are used on the Sites. Individuals may choose to share information on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services that allow visitors to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our social media pages). Please note that any information posted or disclosed through these services and forums will become public information, and may be available to users of the Sites and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on the Sites.
- For legal purposes. We may share your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with subpoenas, warrants, or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Your Choices & Obligations
Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving these marketing-related emails by contacting us at email@example.com or by clicking on the opt-out link within the email message that you receive from us. Please also note that if you do opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still be required to send you administrative messages relating to our services from time to time.
Access, Rectification, Suppression and Erasure
Our Services are not developed or intended for individuals that are deemed to be children under applicable data protection or privacy laws, nor do we knowingly collect information from such individuals. We request that such individuals do not provide information to us through any of the Sites.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Videology is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations, entities, and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are located in the EU/EEA, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EU/ EEA through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
How to Contact Us
In the United States:
1500 Whetstone Way, Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21230
In the European Union:
10 York Way
London, N1 9AA